Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 334: There's a Dead Owl in my Backyard.

I woke up this morning to a dead, Great Horned Owl in my backyard.

[see video for documentation]




Let's review my life in the last few weeks:

1. Okay....so, when I moved in to the 852 there was an owl that moved into the backyard of my house. I have never seen it, but my roommates and the people who own the house saw it. Never really gave it a second thought.

2. Then, I was hiking a mountain the other day and while I was praying the Lord told me to look up and there was a hawk soaring above me.

3. I've been dreaming about doves for the past 2 1/2 years---over and over again.


4. I started thinking recently t
hat maybe God was trying to tell me something (DUH!). I told Hannah Long Hair, who just looked at me skeptically, and then I said, "God will confirm it one more time today if He's trying to speak to me." Then that afternoon I was driving and a flock of geese flying in a "V" flew right in front of my car. In the wrong direction and at the wrong time of the year might I add.

So then last week I started seeing doves everywhere (like earrings and posters and pillows at PotteryBarn).


Then I saw a flock of geese chillin' in a random, ritzy city in the middle of a busy street.

Then a hawk was flying next to my car on the way to my parent's home for Thanksgiving. The hawk flew parallel to my truck for about a mile or so.

So, then I'm in my room this mor
ning and I hear Hannah Long Hair screaming my name from in the kitchen. I run out there and in the backyard was an owl.......dropped dead. Seriously, dead as a doornail (I poked it with a stick to check).

What's up with this? Stay tuned...

This is a weird Monday. Day 334 of 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment