Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 337: Epic Embarrassment and the Crockpot of Doom


This morning I get this genius idea to make a crockpot full of goodness. Thus, my lentil/brown rice creation unfolds. The crockpot was acting a little funny, but I really didn't think twice about it to be completely honest. I think I was just distracted by the pungent aroma in the kitchen and kept getting visions of myself enjoying the taste bud EXPLOSION known as my dinner.

All this to say, smelling the sweet aroma of my creation, I failed to recognize clue #1 that something was going terribly awry. As I repeatedly checked on my dinner, I kept needing to obsessively add water. I thought this was strange, so I asked my roommate, Hannah Long Hair. She came over to the crockpot, opened the lid, peered inside, and concluded that I was nuts and everything was fine. I trusted her and went about my day.

Bad choice.

I left the house, leaving the crockpot on the counter to continue cooking, and proceeded to hike a mountain near my house. I was sitting at the top when I received a text from my other roommate, Elaine the 1/4 Asian, that said, "Dude. That thing isn't a crockpot. It's a rice cooker."

Fabulous.

Then she tells me that she's been uncontrollably laughing on the floor for the last ten minutes.

This is me embarrassed.

So, I get home, take one look at Elaine the 1/4 Asian, and she is sent into a fit of laughter like I have never seen (at my expense I might add). In the midst of her crying she is laughing so hard she asks me, "You try to find a lesson in everything. What's the lesson here?"

Without missing a beat I say, "Not to live with an Asian."

This is my Wednesday. Day 337 of 2010.

P.S. My dinner was still surprisingly palatable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment